Monday, March 1, 2010

Chopper Down!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the latest game that’s out, if so I want to hear about it. I haven’t been able to play much lately, so need an update on what’s good or crap! Anyway my blog for this week is going to be on helicopter games. For over this past weekend I went to visit a friend in Hocking. He has a play-station 2 like I do, and while at his dorm he wanted to play this assaults helicopter game that he had. I don’t remember the name of the game, but it had me thinking when was the last time I had played any kind of helicopter game was?


I started thinking about that for a while and came to realize that the last one that I remember playing was about in 2005 or 2006. The game was Operation Air Assault, and I really liked it although it somehow came up missing a couple of years back. It was cool in my opinion; you could play in multiple views such as the cockpit. Just like many fighter pilot games you could control a variety of weapons with a Gatling gun mounted on front. Your mission is to kill the enemy in environments like jungle and desert, while trying to stay alive. I love games like this, for they can be difficult for me, challenging my minds ability to react to situations.

While realizing how great some of the games like this can be I came to notice that play-station hasn’t made a new helicopter game in some time now. The release date for Operation Air Assault was in 2005, but I’m not sure if there has been any released since then. Although I know for sure that the ps3 system doesn’t have a helicopter game yet! Hopefully they will soon though, because I really want to see the difference with some of the graphics that could be done. Like a more realistic take off and landing and maybe a better looking cockpit as well. But who knows, they may never make another helicopter game. Maybe the ratings for the last one were so crappy that they gave up on them. Hit me up with your opinions.



2 comments:

Cap'n Fatback said...

Shinobi--

So is the video you have at your post's bottom that of the game you played on the PS2, or is it a later version? I'm a little confused . . .

What makes "helicopter games" vastly different from "airplane games" or even "starship games," in your opinion?

Cimino said...

I think helicopter games tend to be addicting because you always want to do better then you did before. they are usually pretty challenging. Like the fly copter game that everyone plays when they get extremely bored. They like to lure you in by making it easy at first then gets extra hard! But yet you always think you can do better then you did before so you keep playing and playing. i dont think ive ever played a helicopter game on a system thought just on the computer.